Here are 14 charts which include important tax planning strategies and flowcharts for 2018:
- 2018 75 Best Strategies Chart: After the 2018 tax law changes, there are seven ordinary income tax brackets including 10%, 12%, 22%, 24%, 32%, 35%, and 37%. In addition, there are three capital gains tax brackets including 0%, 15%, and 20%. If you combine these tax brackets with the 3.8% NIIT, there are even more tax brackets. Here are 75 strategies based on the new tax law effective in 2018.
- Traditional IRA Distribution Flowchart
- Top 10 Tax Planning Ideas Chart
- Tax Asset Classes Chart
- Section 199A Chart
- Roth Quadrants
- Roth IRA Distribution Flowchart
- Roth IRA Conversion Decision Chart
- Net Investment Income Chart
- Generation Skipping Tax Chart
- DrawDown Strategies Chart
- Capital Gains Harvesting Chart
- Bracket Management Chart
- Applying the NIIT Chart
These can be used as a starting point for evaluating estate planning and tax decisions with your advisor. It is always important to seek legal or tax advice before making decisions.
Contact Elliott Stapleton for more information.