Phone: (513) 771-2444
Fax: (513) 771-2447
Matthew A. Montgomery is a partner in the law firm of Cornetet, Meyer, Rush & Stapleton. He is an attorney and a Certified Public Accountant.
Matt’s practice is focused on advising clients during the critical stages of closely held business – from start-up through succession. Matt’s clients represent a variety of industries, including restaurants, hospitality, manufacturing, construction and financial services.
Areas of Practice:
- Family Business – inception through growth, preservation & succession
- Business disputes – trial counsel through contractual, construction & negligence disputes
- Estate planning – individual and multi-generational estate planning and administration
- Taxation – federal and state tax planning, returns, credits, audits & controversy
- Non-profit – public charity and private foundation tax exemption & returns
- Personal disputes – trial counsel for personal injury claims
- Efficiently guiding new businesses through entity selection (e.g. LLC) to the filing their tax return (e.g. IRS form 1065).
- Assist new and existing businesses in negotiating and documenting the rights, duties and obligations by and between each stakeholder (e.g. operating agreements, buy-sell agreements, non-compete agreements, etc.) including tax, distribution and capital planning provisions (e.g. targeted capital accounts).
- Zealously pursue client objectives during business disputes (e.g. negligence, unpaid contracts, contractual issues) through negotiation, arbitration and litigation
- Aggressively represent individuals with personal injury claims involving severe injury and/or wrongful death.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law – Juris Doctor, Order of the Barristers
- University of Cincinnati, Carl H. Lindner College of Business – Bachelor of Business Administration
- Ohio Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants